Inspired by listening to a couple of episodes of the Soldersmoke podcast, specifically Soldersmoke #130 I decided to ‘melt some solder’ this evening and pulled my MKARS80 kit back off of the shelf. I was given this as a Christmas present and all I’d done with it was to fit a handful of resistors.
Tonight I fitted the rest of the resistors and I have to say that I’m very happy with how it’s going. I just got my head down and before I realised it, a couple of hours had passed and I was soldering the last of the resistors in. Here’s how it looks so far.
The MKARS80 is an 80m transceiver kit covering the whole of the 80m band from 3.5MHz to 3.8MHz with five watts output. For more details see here. I’ll post more as I get further into the construction.