March has been a great month, one where I’ve been really active on the wireless. The bands are starting to open nicely and I’ve ‘discovered’ the 15m (21MHz) band or to be more precise, I discovered I had an aerial which works on 15m and it’s quickly become my band of choice.
There have been a couple of large HF contests this month which have boosted my DXCC entity count dramatically and I really think that getting a confirmed count of 100 should be possible this year if things continue the way they are.
Probably the highlight of the month was working Australia for the first time. You can read all about that here.
Without further ado, here are the stats for the month.
QSOs made: 388
Running QSO count: 724
QSL cards sent: 137 (125 via bureau, 12 direct)
DXCC entities worked: 70
New DXCC entities worked: 28
Squares worked on 144MHz: 14
New squares worked on 144MHz: 1
Total DXCC worked: 94
Total squares worked on 144MHz: 83
As you can see, I’ve had a good number of QSOs this month and a lot of QSL cards have been sent out. I ordered a batch of 1,000 QSL cards last year and I’ve just recently augmented that with a new batch of another 2,000 cards as I think I’m going to get through them before the end of the year.
In March I’ve operated a lot of data modes including running some Weak Signal Propagation and I’ve also been spotted on 40m QRSS in the USA. It’s not been all data though as the majority of QSOs this month have been SSB. I’ve had a short spell on VHF but as in February, the majority of my operating this month has been on the HF bands.