Last Sunday I tweaked my Ultimate 2 transmitter to give me some power out on 10m and I managed to persuade it to run about 80-100mW. I’m going to experiment with a higher voltage for perhaps a little more power but in the meantime I decided to run it for a week.
As I’m using the 2.02k version of the firmware, I was able to run both WSPR and QRSS at the same time and although I posted on the Knights mailing list, I didn’t get any QRSS reports.
WSPR was another matter though. Over the course of the week my transmission was spotted 38 times by 8 different stations. That’s not a lot but conditions have been particularly poor this week and I was running only incredibly low power. I was using my Sirio Gain Master vertical.
Here’s the stations who received me and a map showing their locations. There are some nice distances there considering how bad it’s been this week.