Days 190-193, the insurance claim is nearing completion

I was expecting to be at work on days #190 and #191 but that didn’t happen and so for the first time in nearly two weeks I had some real free time to play radio.

I started on day #190 by working DL0YLA, Annette on 40m and then having a very quick QSO with E77WM who was setting up a contest station on 20m.  After that the IARU HF Championship started and I had a great time in that with lots of HQ stations worked.  As is normal when I work a lot in a contest, I’m just going to list bands and callsigns – These are for QSOs on days #190 and #191.

160m
GR2HQ

80m
GR2HQ

40m
S50HQ, DA0HQ, GR2HQ, OE1A, LX0HQ, HG0HQ, TM0HQ, IO5HQ, OH2HQ, LN2HQ, IQ2LS, OL1HQ, YU8HQ, I4AUM, SN0HQ, 9A0HQ, IQ1CN, US5D, RT4F, II2S, OZ1HQ, E7HQ, ED1R, HB9HQ, OM1HQ, PA1NHZ, PD3LHS

20m
LY0HQ, E7HQ, 9A0HQ, LZ7HQ, S50HQ, EM5HQ, YU8HQ, HG0HQ, EA1IR, 4O3A, YT1A, EA3CI, EA1PP, RQ5D, SN0HQ, ED5T, 9A6B, R3KM, EA5/LZ2MAM, UA5A, UX0FF, UV5U, VE3EJ, HI3TEJ (Dominican Republic), YO3CZW, WX3B, YO3VU, YR0HQ, RU1A, UU7J, HB9HQ, IO4HQ, OH2HQ, OL1HQ, OE1A, EA4EER, R3HQ, EA4KD, YR9F

15m
IO8HQ, LS1D, E7HQ, F6GPT, TM38O, OE1A, EE3R, 4O3A, C49C, ED1R, LZ9W, YR0R

10m
GR2HQ, LZ7HQ

One new DXCC entity is listed in bold, the Dominican Republic.  It’s quite difficult working a busy contest just search and pounce with only a paper logbook and I’m sure that I worked a couple of duplicates over the course of the weekend.  20m was the best band for me over the weekend and I struggled to make my loop work on 80m and 160m but I persevered as I wanted to work the RSGB station on as many bands as possible.    It was a lot of fun though and good to work so many HQ stations.  I ended up day #191 working HA8IB on 6m.

I had just one QSO on each of days #192 and #193, I worked IQ3TN, Luca and IW5EFX, Leo both on 20m.

Yesterday I called the insurance company to get an update on my claim.  They’ve received the reports from the two people who have visited along with the two quotes I submitted and a hand written sheet with all my replacement items and values.  This paperwork has now been passed on to the team who decide what I’m going to get and I need to call them back towards the end of the week for an update.  I hope this is now all nearing completion and I’ll soon be able to start buying replacement items and getting my shack back together.

This entry was posted in Amateur radio, Contesting, HF, New DXCC, QSO365, SSB and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *