I’m very pleased to be able to post this quick update to say that my insurance has paid out for everything I claimed. There was a very minor adjustment to one price I submitted where they’d found an item slightly cheaper but apart from that I’ve now had a full and complete settlement.
It’s been exactly three weeks and two days since the strike and although everything seemed to slow down during the second week I am very happy with the service I’ve received and the short time it’s taken for what was (in my eyes) an unusual claim. I’m especially happy because my insurance policy has a limit on single high value items which my claim exceeded on two items but there was no quibbling or questioning about that, they just paid out in full for each item.
I’ve already started what will probably be quite a slow job of replacing everything in my shack, I previously blogged to say that I’ve got a replacement wireless and I’ve got a number of other things on order so I’ll update as and when stuff arrives. It’s going to take some time to get a replacement computer because I switched over to the Apple Mac about three years ago and there are rumours that there’s going to be a new Mac Pro released soon so I’m holding on until then as I don’t want to buy a computer that’s a year out of date. I do have an iMac on order and I’ll use that until the new model Mac Pros are available and then that will become the ‘family’ computer to replace their current Mac Mini.