Lots of QSOs over these ten days, with quite a few data contacts during contests. Here’s a list.
At the weekend I finished off the assembly of my Alimast sections. I’d done a lot on Saturday as per my previous update but having ripped so much skin off my knuckles, the first thing I did on Sunday was to go buy one of these:
Once the batteries were charged it really didn’t take very long to tighten everything up. There were four bolts on the rotator platform on the final section which I couldn’t get to with the impact driver so M6DHU attacked these with a couple of spanners.
Finally all the sections were assembled, here you can see them lying in the garden. I’m yet to attach the final section to the rest of the mast as there are just a few things left to do first – Attach and set up the rotator and stubmast being just a couple of them.
Perspective makes it look higher than it is. Those three sections are not taller than the house.
All that remains is to add a bracket to the side of the house to fix the mast to, join the final sections together, fit the rotator, bearing, stub, aerial and coax and connect it all up.
It will all be complete by the end of the month in time for CQWW.
I can’t wait! 🙂